RT-AX55 AX1800 Dual Band WiFi 6 Gigabit Router
- 1.5GHz quad-core processor
- 128 MB Flash, 256 MB RAM
- 1800Mbps — 574 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1201 Mbps on the 5GHz band.
- 80MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM high data rate
- Built for Multi-device Households
- RJ45 for Gigabits BaseT for WAN x 1, RJ45 for Gigabits BaseT for LAN x 4
- WPS Button, Reset Button, Power Switch
- Supporting MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology
- Compatible with ASUS AiMesh WiFi system
Mnf. #: ASUS RT-AX55
Warranty: 3 years Carry-in, Local
AX1800 Dual Band WiFi 6 (802.11ax) Router supporting MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology, with AiProtection Classic network security powered by Trend Micro, compatible with ASUS AiMesh WiFi system
- Next-Gen Wi-Fi Standard - Supporting the latest Wi-Fi standard 802.11AX (Wi-Fi 6) and 80MHz bandwidth for better capacity and efficiency
- Ultra-fast Wi-Fi Speed – RT-AX55 supports 80MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections. With a total networking speed of about 1800Mbps — 574 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1201 Mbps on the 5GHz band.
- Increase Capacity and Efficiency – Supporting not only MU-MIMO but also OFDMA technique to efficiently allocate channels, communicate with multiple devices simultaneously
- Protection for Your Home Network– lifetime free AiProtection, powered by Trend Micro™, blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices.
- Better Partner with Mesh System- Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi Fi system for seamless whole-home coverage.
- NitroQAM (1024-QAM) technology - NitroQAM™ (1024-QAM) technology enables a 25% data rate while the older standard is limited to 256-QAM.
Get Your Home Ready for WiFi 6 (802.11ax)
The growing number of connected personal and IoT devices has led to an overall increase in network density that is pushing the limits of the current WiFi standard. The latest 802.11ax standard provides future-proof technologies, higher network efficiency, faster WiFi speeds, greater coverage and improved battery life for connected devices, providing a significantly better networking experience for users.
*It requires 802.11ax-compatible devices to enjoy the benefits brought by 802.11ax WiFi standard.
Next-Gen WiFi Speed
RT-AX55 is a 2x2 dual-band WiFi router that provides 80MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections. With a total networking speed of about 1800Mbps — 574Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1201Mbps on the 5GHz band — RT-AX55 is 1.5X faster than 802.11ac 2x2 dual-band routers.
Built for Multi-device Households
With a revolutionary combination of OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology, 802.11ax technology provides up to 4X greater network capacity and efficiency in traffic-dense environments. Previous-generation 802.11ac WiFi can only handle one device at a time on each network channel, which is an inefficient use of available bandwidth. OFDMA support in the 802.11ax WiFi standard divides each channel into small sub-channels, allowing signals from multiple devices* to be bundled together and transmitted simultaneously, reducing latency for a smoother, more responsive WiFi experience.
Better Battery Life for Your Devices
Target Wake Time (TWT) allows RT-AX55 to schedule designated intervals for devices to transmit data. This allows them to sleep when there is no need to wait for a router signal, reducing power consumption by up to 7X for significantly improved battery life.
WiFi that Goes Farther
With the latest 802.11ax WiFi standard featuring OFDMA technology, RT-AX55 provides increased WiFi signal range and better coverage by dividing each channel into smaller sub-channels. These sub-channels have a smaller bandwidth that enables them to travel up to 80% farther1, resulting in a better WiFi connection throughout your home*.
Protection for your Home Network
RT-AX55 has lifetime free AiProtection Classic, powered by Trend Micro with automatic, regularly updated security signatures to protect your devices and personal data from internet threats.
Powerful Whole-home WiFi System. The Way You Want.
In most cases, your RT-AX55 can deliver smooth, reliable WiFi to every part of your home. But WiFi coverage can be affected by many factors — room layout, construction materials, and even furnishings. ASUS AiMesh is an innovative new router feature that fixes these problems: it creates a whole-home WiFi network using multiple ASUS routers. AiMesh is powerful, flexible and you can use a mix of ASUS router models — protecting your investment! AiMesh gives you time-saving central control, and seamless roaming capability. AiMesh is WiFi you can rely on — for all your devices, all the time!
Turn your ASUS routers into whole-home WiFi system with a simple firmware update
Mix and match preferred models from selected ASUS routers
Create a WiFi network with either a single SSID or multiple SSIDs
All router features works across the entire WiFi system
|AP Modes||AP Router Repeater Media Bridge AiMesh Node|
|Supported Standards||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax|
|Number of Antennas||4 External|
|Network Protocols and Features||Adaptive QoS Airtime fairness Automatic IP Bandwidth limiter DDNS DHCP Server DMZ Dual WAN Explicit beamforming IGMP snooping IPTV IPv4 IPv6 L2TP Let's Encrypt MU-MIMO PPPoE PPTP Parental Control Port triggering RADIUS Server Real-time traffic monitor Static IP Traditional QoS Traffic Monitor UTF-8 SSID Universal beamforming Website history Wi-Fi MAC address filter Wired Traffic Monitor Wireless Traffic Monitor Wireless scheduler|
|VPN||VPN Client L2PT VPN Client OVPN VPN Client PPTP VPN Server IPSec VPN Server OVPN VPN Server PPTP|
|Firewall Support||WPA/WPA2-Personal Firewall WPA3-Personal WPA/WPA2-Enterprise|
|LAN Speed||Gigabit LAN|
|Wireless Data Rate||Up to 1800Mbps|
|Frequency Range||2.4 GHz 5.0 GHz|
- RJ45 x1
- Adapter x1
- QSG x1
- Warranty Card x1