Solargorilla Portable Water Resistant Solar Charger
- Charges notebooks under 40 watts, also mobile phones, tablets, handheld games consoles and many more devices from the 5V USB output
- Output voltage 5V and 20V
Mnf. #: SG002
Warranty: 1 year
SolargorillaIn the desert, on safari, up a mountain or simply on the move, the solargorilla gives you power anywhere under the sun. solargorilla's 24 volt and 5 volt USB socket make it the ultimate renewable power station for your laptop, mobile phone, iPod and many more devices.
solargorilla works via two PV (photovoltaic) solar panels, which generate electric current when they are exposed to light. The green LED on the solargorilla indicates the strength of charge - the more UV intensity - the better it will work! The technically advanced solar panels ensure superb power and reliable performance, all housed in a tough outer casing.
solargorilla is compatible with most laptops, mobile phones, iPods, PDAs, handhelds games consoles and Sat Navs. You can even use the solargorilla to recharge the fabulous powergorilla - simply attach it using the 2m extension cable and the L52D tip. A total portable power station!
- tough, rubberised casing
- portable, fold-up design protects your solar panels when stored
- water resistant design
- slot to allow solargorilla to be suspended on vehicle or tent for outdoor use
- 20V power socket out and standard 5v USB socket
- green LED charging indicator
- dimensions: 264 x 200 x 19mm
Note: solargorilla is a charging option. It relies on the UV intensity of the sun. Therefore, at this time of year it may not be suitable for use in the Northern Hemisphere unless combined with the powergorilla. The solargorilla has been trialled successfully in the Southern Hemisphere by aid agencies, emergency services, the military and adventure travellers, where power is a crucial element of their communications strategy. The David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation suffered communications problems in the past and the products have been hugely acclaimed as being a long overdue solution to power issues. Pre-production units have also been on field tests in Africa, Australia and even Afghanistan. The solargorilla was extensively field-tested in South Africa earlier this year, where it powered a number of laptops for a week at a time.
|Description||5 & 20 Volt Solar Device Charger|
|Product Type||Portable Charger|
|Number of Output Ports|
|Solar Panel Wattage||10W|
|Output Port Type 1||USB Type A|
|Output V/A 1||5.0A 20.0A|
- 1 x solargorilla
- 8 x male laptop connectors
- 9 "monkey nuts" mobile phone connectors
- 1 x female USB charging tip for smart phones, PDAs and other USB powered devices