Enterprise Capacity 3.5 6TB Desktop Hard Drive (ST6000NM0024)
- 3.5" form factor
- 128MB Cache
- RAID Edition
Mnf. #: ST6000NM0024
Warranty: 5 years
Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD
Store up to 8TB of data without sacrificing performance.
- Quickly access and store your data with blazingly fast random and sequential read/write performance
- Enjoy peace of mind with eighth-generation drive technology for reliable access to bulk storage of unstructured data
- Have confidence with a drive that provides rotational vibration tolerance to ensure consistent performance
- Relax with a drive that delivers easy integration into replicated and RAID storage systems with 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interface options
Up to 8TB and Built for SpeedSupporting the industry’s best response times for a 6TB nearline drive, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD enables faster data transfers by utilising the latest interfaces on a trusted platform. And for reliable access to bulk storage, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD provides excellent IOPS/TB along with the reliability, availability and serviceability that your customers expect.
Supersize Your Unstructured Data StorageThe Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD is the perfect foundation for building maximum density server and storage solutions. This family of 3.5-inch capacity-optimised hard drives in 6, 5, 4 and 2TB capacities supports the highest density storage for a great return-on-investment.
Reliable, Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24×7 WorldHigh capacity storage for multi-drive chassis requires predictable and reliable performance. The Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD is built to support enterprise-class nearline workloads of up 550TB per year, which is up to 10× the rated workload of desktop HDDs. Clearly, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD can help to ensure that you meet your rigorous bulk storage SLAs. Choose from 12Gb/s SAS or SATA 6Gb/s interfaces for easy integration into existing platforms.
Protect Data with SED OptionsEnterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD protects data where it lives - on the drive. Choose from government-grade SED FIPS 140-2 option1 or SED models with Seagate Instant Secure Erase2 technology for easy and cost effective drive disposal.
1 SED FIPS 140-2 Validated drives are not available in all models or countries, see Seagate Encrypting Drives Import/Export Compliance. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support. FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Certificate at http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/validation.html#05.
2 ISO/IEC 27040 (Information technology - Security techniques - Storage security) and NIST 800-88 (Guidelines for Media Sanitization)
What’s In the Hard Drive?
- Up to 8TB Super fast nearline hard drives
- 10× the workload rating of desktop drives
- High reliability with an MTBF of 2M hours on all drives
- 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interfaces for easy integration
- Excellent IOPS/TB storage for unstructured data
- 25% increase in areal density
- PowerBalance models available for those requiring a lower power consumption with balanced performance
- Seagate Instant Secure Erase feature on SED drives for secure, easy and cost-effective drive disposal
|Product Line||Enterprise Capacity 3.5|
|Form Factor||3.5 inch|
|Cache Size||128 MB|