RackStation RS2418+ 12-Bay Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Intel Atom C3538 Quad Core 2.1 GHz
- 4 GB DDR4, Memory Expandable to 64 GB
- 144 TB (12 TB HDD x 16) Maximum Internal Raw Capacity
- Maximum Raw Capacity with Expansion Units : 288 TB
- Hot Swappable Drive
- Synology Hybrid RAID, Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10
- Maximum Users: 1500
- Maximum VPN Connections: 20
- Virtualization Certified
- System Fan: 80 mm x 80 mm x 4 pcs
- 500W Power Supply
Mnf. #: RS2418+
Warranty: 3 years
Synology RackStation RS2418+ 12-Bay NAS
Scalable Storage Server On-DemandRS2418+/RS2418RP+ is an ideal storage solution for small- and medium-sized businesses with great flexibility in terms of expandable storage capacity, upgradable memory, and optional high-speed NIC or M.2 SSD cache support. It serves perfectly as a centralized file server, backup target for distributed businesses, or backup target for employee workstations in a growing business.
- Quad-core 2.1GHz
- RAM options
- 4GB DDR4 UDIMM, up to 64GB
- Up to 24 drives with one RX1217/RX1217RP
Boost your storage performance with easy-to-install add-in cardsEquipped with a PCIe 3.0 slot, RS2418+ supports installing an M.2 SSD adapter card or 10GbE NIC for a high-IOPS system cache and ultra-fast data transmission.
- - Dual M.2 SATA SSD slot, compatible with 2280/2260/2242 form factors
- - 10GbE network capacity for bandwidth-intensive environments
Next-generation file system for better data protectionThe Btrfs file system introduces advanced storage technologies and optimized snapshots to prevent data corruption and reduce maintenance overhead. While ensuring high-level data integrity, it also offers flexible, efficient data protection and recovery tools.
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable and storage capacity-saving data protection with 1,024 shared folder backups and 65,000 system-wide snapshots
- File or folder level data restoration makes data recovery fast and flexible
- Automatic file self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files without user intervention
Ultimate Backup SolutionRS2418+ integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any device with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
- Active Backup for Server
- - An agentless backup solution protects data from Windows and Linux servers through SMB and Rsync to minimize deployment and management costs.
- Hyper Backup
- - Comprehensively back up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or a public cloud to ensure data safety.
- Desktop Backup
- - Safeguard your PC with Cloud Station Backup. Effortlessly back up data stored on macOS to Synology NAS with Time Machine.
- Active Backup for Office 365/ G Suite
- - Protect corporate data stored on the cloud. On-premise backup solution with a centralized dashboard. Optimize storage efficiency with single instancing and block-level deduplication technology.
Fully certified storage virtualization solutionsSynology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with easy management interface. VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rate. OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Digital asset protectionPowered by Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), Synology NAS offers advanced security measures to protect against sudden data loss and potential security holes.
- Security Advisor
- - Analyzes system settings, password strength, network preferences, and removes any possible malware.
- - A kernel-level enhancement that blocks malicious programs from accessing unauthorized system resources.
- AES 256-bit encryption
- - Encrypt shared folders and network data transmission to keep data from unauthorized access.
- 2-step verification
- - Prevent others from logging in to your DSM by generating a one-time password (OTP) on your mobile device.
- Trust Level
- - Customize the trust level in Package Center to avoid installing packages from untrusted sources, safeguarding your NAS from unknown or tampered package files.
Powered by Synology DSM
- DSM UI
- - Award-winning operating system with an intuitive user interface and powerful capabilities.
- Public Cloud Integration
- - Backup and synchronize data easily between your public cloud accounts and your NAS.
- High Availability
- - Ensures seamless service transition between clustered servers in the event of a server failure.
- Desktop Backup
- - Simplified backup solution for your Mac, PC, and mobile devices.
- Snapshot Replication
- - Provides schedulable and instantaneous data protection for shared folders and virtual machines on iSCSI LUNs in the event of disaster.
- - Comprehensive built-in security tools are constantly updated to tackle evolving threats and protect your devices.
|Product Type||NAS Storage|
|Number of Bays||12|
|Processor||Intel Atom C3538 Quad Core 2.1 GHz|
|Installed Memory||4 GB|
|Maximum Memory||64 GB|
|Hard Drives Included||-|
|Hard Drive Form Factor||2.5 3.5|
|Total Hard Drive Capacity||144 TB|
|Maximum Hard Drive Capacity||288 TB|
|Hard Drive Interface||SATA|
|Ethernet LAN (RJ-45)||4|
|Management||Synology Hybrid RAID, Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10 Storage Management Internal: EXT4, Btrfs File System External: Btrfs, EXT4, EXT3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+ File System Windows Access Control List (ACL) Integration|
|Network Protocols||CIFS, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN, L2TP)|
|Security||FTP over SSL/TLS, IP Auto-Block, Firewall, Encrypted Network Backup over Rsync, HTTPS Connection AES-NI Hardware Encryption|
|Noise Level||54.1 dB(A)|