RackStation RS3618xs 12-Bay Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Intel Xeon D-1521 Quad Core 2.4 (Base) / 2.7 (Turbo) GHz
- 8 GB DDR4, Memory Expandable to 64 GB
- 144TB (12 TB HDD x 12) Maximum Internal Raw Capacity
- Maximum Raw Capacity with Expansion Units : 432TB
- Hot Swappable Drive
- RAID F1, Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10
- Maximum Users: 16000
- Maximum VPN Connections: 30
- Virtualization Certified
- System Fan: 80 mm x 80 mm x 4 pcs
- 500W Power Supply
Mnf. #: RS3618xs
Warranty: 3 years
Synology RackStation RS3618xs 12-Bay NAS
High-speed scalable storage serverSynology RS3618xs is a reliable, superior-performance network-attached storage solution for large-scale enterprises with demanding business applications. It simplifies data management, optimizes virtualization environments, and rapidly expands storage capacity with minimal time investment in setup and maintenance.
- quad-core up to 2.7GHz
- RAM options
- 8GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM, up to 64GB
- 4 x 1GbE port, optional 10GbE NIC support
- Up to 36 drives with RX1217/RX1217RP
Ready for 10GbE and beyondPCIe 3.0 slots allow for faster networking options as you expand your infrastructure. Together with the built-in quad Gigabit ports, RS3618xs offers comprehensive connectivity options for link aggregation and failover configurations.
Synology Replacement Service (SRS)SRS provides free advance replacement units as early as the next business day in selected regions, maximizing the service uptime for your mission-critical storage and ensuring your business continuity.
Ultimate Backup SolutionRS3618xs integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any device with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
- Active Backup for Server
- - An agentless backup solution protects data from Windows and Linux servers through SMB and Rsync to minimize deployment and management costs.
- Hyper Backup
- - Comprehensively back up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or a public cloud to ensure data safety.
- Desktop Backup
- - Safeguard your PC with Cloud Station Backup. Effortlessly back up data stored on macOS to Synology NAS with Time Machine.
- Active Backup for Office 365/ G Suite
- - Protect corporate data stored on the cloud. On-premise backup solution with a centralized dashboard. Optimize storage efficiency with single instancing and block-level deduplication technology.
Fully certified storage virtualization solutionsSynology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with easy management interface. VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rate. OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Next-generation file system for better data protectionThe Btrfs file system introduces advanced storage technologies and optimized snapshots to prevent data corruption and reduce maintenance overhead. While ensuring high-level data integrity, it also offers flexible, efficient data protection and recovery tools.
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable and storage capacity-saving data protection with 1,024 shared folder backups and 65,000 system-wide snapshots
- File or folder level data restoration makes data recovery fast and flexible
- Automatic file self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files without user intervention
Powered by Synology DSM
- - Manage multiple Synology NAS servers simultaneously on a centralized interface to increase business efficiency.
- Snapshot Replication
- - Provides schedulable and instantaneous data protection for shared folders and virtual machines on iSCSI LUNs in the event of disaster.
- - Run various operating systems in isolated sandboxes. Seamlessly clone, restore and migrate virtual machines.
- - Secure, reliable, and private mail server solution with an intuitive and modern mail client.
- Synology High Availability
- - Ensures seamless service transition between clustered servers in the event of a server failure.
- - A versatile solution for file management and synchronization.
|Product Type||NAS Storage|
|Number of Bays||12|
|Processor||Intel Xeon D-1521 Quad Core 2.4 (base) / 2.7 (turbo) GHz|
|Installed Memory||8 GB|
|Maximum Memory||64 GB|
|Hard Drives Included||-|
|Hard Drive Form Factor||2.5 3.5|
|Total Hard Drive Capacity||144 TB|
|Maximum Hard Drive Capacity||432 TB|
|Hard Drive Interface||SATA|
|Ethernet LAN (RJ-45)||4|
|Management||RAID F1, Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10 Storage Management Internal: EXT4, Btrfs File System External: Btrfs, EXT4, EXT3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+ File System Windows Access Control List (ACL) Integration|
|Network Protocols||CIFS, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN, L2TP)|
|Security||FTP over SSL/TLS, IP Auto-Block, Firewall, Encrypted Network Backup over Rsync, HTTPS Connection AES-NI Hardware Encryption|
|Noise Level||50.2 dB(A)|